Thursday, September 18, 2008

Essay 2 Journal day 2

In the Usenet group dedicated to the New York Yankees baseball team that I am observing, there were a few new postings today. There's this person, who I am going to assume is a woman because the email adress reads rosecomm4256@aol.com gives out what I believe to be a daily Rose award for the Yankee that he or she thinks did the best. I automatically assumed it was a woman, however thinking back to our discussion on gender play on the internet in our class, it made me wonder if I was jumping the gun in my assumption. It could be someones last name, or it could be a man who enjoys roses, or wants to be portrayed as a woman, which would be very interesting considering this is a chat room devoted to sports (probably mostly men). I'm going to particullary keep an eye out for this person, as I am now very curious about their gender.

There was also still talk about politics, mostly McCain today, as opposed to yesterday being mostly about Pallick. I wonder if these people are confused about where they are, or if presidential debates came up when talking about baseball.

No comments: